Staycations: a winter holiday in the comfort of your own home
- “I live in Gisborne and the weather here is very hot, so the best place I love to go and stay is the BEACH. Waikanae is a beautiful beach plus it has
a tennis court, playground, showers, a cafe and restaurant with an abundance of nice cold things - drinks, milkshakes, ice cream! It's a paradise!
We stay here all day.”
- “We love to go out to my kids’ grandparents lifestyle block for the day and have a BBQ . They get to run around out in the orchard and we get to sit
- “We love cycling round Pencarrow coast in Eastbourne to the lighthouses. The coast road is so beautiful and the views are unforgettable.”
- “A day trip to the Catlins to see the seals and to walk the tracks with a really nice picnic. It’s the jewel of the South.”
- “Head west of Auckland with the dogs and the kids. First stop Kakamatua so the dogs can frolic off-leash and the kids can swim in the tidal estuary;
next stop Huia dam to marvel at the giant sink hole and then for a bush walk through the Karamataura valley and paddle in the crystal mountain
stream; last stop Huia food store for burgers and ice cream - eaten on the beach before one last swim and home to bed.”
And we’ll leave the final word to a fan who’s planning a staycation to conquer the mountain she can see from her home on the western shore of Lake Rotorua – happy holistays!
“I'm doing a staycation and a mountain I will climb.
I see it out my window, and I've never had the time,
Or at least that’s the excuse I try to tell myself,
To justify my laziness and a lack of stealth.
So up it I will go, 5 kms to the summit I would say,
But I'm so unfit it will probably take all day
So Ngongotaha here I come - ready or maybe not
But I will certainly give it everything I've got.”
- Nourish haircare: naturally beautiful new products
- Eco-friendly products for first-time Mum
- Cleaning jobs: Which is the toughest of the tough?
- What's the best way to deal with food waste?
- Recycle, Upcycle - Making household waste rock!
- A better way with waste water
- Fight food waste
- Going Earthwise
- Why choose Earthwise?
- 50 years of Earthwise