How clean are your dishes?
When it comes to washing the dishes, there seems to be a divide between the rinsers and non-rinsers of this world. Is it cultural? Perhaps. American dish-washers
will invariably rinse their dishes, before and after washing them. Those of British descent or birth tend to save water by leaving their dishes to
drip dry with the suds on. And interestingly, both camps of washer-uppers struggle to understand the logic of the other.
We asked our Earthwise fans to tell us which side of the dishwashing fence they positioned themselves on and the results were interesting:
Straight off the bat 68% of Earthwise fans are also fans of rinsing. Out of the group that do not choose to rinse, they often make an exception for glasses
to avoid residues. Here are a few of the comments:
“I rinse some things like baby bottles but generally don't rinse after washing the dishes...”
“Would you wash your hair and not rinse out the shampoo? Would you wash the clothes and not rinse out the detergent? Would you clean your teeth and not
rinse out the toothpaste? I'm on the rinse 'em team!”
“I'm an anti-rinser (wastes more water when drying will do the same thing!) and my partner is pro-rinser. So to avoid arguments I only rinse when he's
looking ;) hasn't killed him yet!”
“I guess people who do rinse are concerned with the chemicals being on their plates afterwards, but if you use earth wise then there would be no extra
“Definitely rinse. Though possibly that's because I didn't trust leaving the any soap residue on my dishes. With you guys, I'm guessing that wouldn't be
- Love your leftovers - tips from our fans
- Cleaning Tips to Beat Winter Woes
- National Volunteer Week: Meet a few of the charities doing amazing work in our communities
- Nourish haircare: naturally beautiful new products
- Eco-friendly products for first-time Mum
- Cleaning jobs: Which is the toughest of the tough?
- What's the best way to deal with food waste?
- Recycle, Upcycle - Making household waste rock!
- A better way with waste water
- Fight food waste