Exercise your way to better lung health
One in six Kiwis live with an on-going respiratory condition, with 521,000 people regularly taking medication for asthma. All this month, the Asthma & Respiratory Foundation NZ has been running a campaign called Breathe Better September to raise awareness around respiratory disease, its causes and the everyday ways that we can improve lung health.
Walking is the most popular way to get the fresh air and exercise – most people share this time with a close friend, their dog or both! Uphill routes to
build strength, on the flat for distance and add friends for fun.
- “I love walking with a friend, children and dog up and down hills or on the flat, just walking breathing in the air!”
- “I have a wee schnauzer so love taking him walking, around the streets or on one of the various Bush walks around Dunedin. I also love crazy dancing
around the house with my 15-month old.”
- “Trying to challenge my hubby to beat 10,000 steps each day.”
- “I do a lot of hikes with my little bub who I carry in a hiking backpack. We have such good fun in the outdoor and I get fit in the process!”
- “Running after four kids, calves (when I'm on feeding duties), running after four little lambs and house work keeps me busy! Having my inhalers on hand helps too.”
- Love your leftovers - tips from our fans
- Cleaning Tips to Beat Winter Woes
- National Volunteer Week: Meet a few of the charities doing amazing work in our communities
- Nourish haircare: naturally beautiful new products
- Eco-friendly products for first-time Mum
- Cleaning jobs: Which is the toughest of the tough?
- What's the best way to deal with food waste?
- Recycle, Upcycle - Making household waste rock!
- A better way with waste water
- Fight food waste