Did you know? - Quick cleaning facts
24 Nov 2014
- Spraying a surface and immediately wiping it away will only accomplish half the job Most antibacterial cleaners must be left on surfaces for 30 to 60 seconds to wipe out those nasty little bugs
- There are more germs in most kitchen sinks than the toilet! Most of us rinse out the kitchen sink using water so often that we forget to use a cleaning product – try our new Pomegranate fragranced Earthwise Kitchen Cleaning spray.
- Cleaning for two hours burns 200 calories.
- There are between 100,000 and 10 million dust mites in a typical mattress.
- Dead mites and their droppings can make up around 10% of the weight of a two year old pillow.
- Think twice about where you put your toothbrush. Every time you flush the toilet with an open lid, bacteria and germs spray into the air. They can remain airborne for up to 90 minutes. Closing the lid will reduce the spread of bacteria by a factor of ten.
- All Earthwise products are plant-based. We use environmentally sustainable materials as much as we possibly can so our products are gentle for you and your family, as well as the environment – and rapidly degrade so as to cause least harm.
- All Earthwise products are free from phosphate, ammonia, nitrate and chlorine because these chemicals can be both safety and environmental hazards.
- And last but not least ;)
- Growing up in a completely germ-free environment can actually be bad for children. A little exposure to dirt and bugs spurs the development of a healthy immune system.
Here’s to caring for our world while being clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy!
- Love your leftovers - tips from our fans
- Cleaning Tips to Beat Winter Woes
- National Volunteer Week: Meet a few of the charities doing amazing work in our communities
- Nourish haircare: naturally beautiful new products
- Eco-friendly products for first-time Mum
- Cleaning jobs: Which is the toughest of the tough?
- What's the best way to deal with food waste?
- Recycle, Upcycle - Making household waste rock!
- A better way with waste water
- Fight food waste