Cleaning jobs: Which is the toughest of the tough?
Is there a particular area in your house that you avoid cleaning until it can be avoided no more? We recently asked Earthwise fans to tell us which cleaning
chores need the toughest treatment in their house. We found that, for over half of us, the bathroom and toilet feel like the hardest chore. The second-most
hated chore can also be found in the bathroom: the dreaded shower.
- Improve their aim. If you’d like to help the little fireman in your house hit his target, use a permanent marker to draw a target on a ping pong ball. Just float the ball in the bowl and appeal to your son’s competitive spirit. Keep a tally of points for accuracy!
- Clean the handle thoroughly. The handle needs extra attention because you touch it every time you use the toilet — it can be a real breeding
place for bacteria. Give the handle a generous coat of disinfectant spray every time you tackle the loo.
- The next time your toilet gets blocked (and you don’t have a plunger handy), try pouring hot water and dishwash soap down the toilet. Warning: do not
pour boiling water down the toilet, though — this could crack the bowl.
- Encourage the family to close the toilet lid before flushing. Flushing can spray micro-particles up to three meters away, so keep those germs away from surfaces, toothbrushes and hairbrushes!
- Love your leftovers - tips from our fans
- Cleaning Tips to Beat Winter Woes
- National Volunteer Week: Meet a few of the charities doing amazing work in our communities
- Nourish haircare: naturally beautiful new products
- Eco-friendly products for first-time Mum
- Cleaning jobs: Which is the toughest of the tough?
- What's the best way to deal with food waste?
- Recycle, Upcycle - Making household waste rock!
- A better way with waste water
- Fight food waste